Especially during the winter season, I find it difficult to sleep without my Honeywell humidifier. The cold, dry air makes my nose hurt and sometimes, bleed.
I live in New Mexico but I wasn’t born here. When my family first moved here, we suffered from constant nose bleeds because we were not use to the dry climate. My dad bought each room its own humidifier and over the years, my family had the occasional nose bleed.
Now with two little ones in the house, they too are suffering from nose bleeds. With winter upon us, I am so lucky to have found the Honeywell Humidifier (Top Fill Cool Mist) !
There are some really great features with this humidifier. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Filter Free – HUGE BONUS
- Auto Shut Off – when tank is empty
- Ultra Quiet Operation
- Mist outlet rotates 180 degrees
- Output setting control – to control humidity output
- Two ways to fill: at the humidifier or at the sink
Shopper’s Guide: Honeywell Humidifier
- Run Time: Approximately 36 hours
- Room Size: Medium-Large
- Tank Capacity: 1.25 Gallons
- Moisture Type: Ultrasonic Visible Mist
So how does it work?
- Water is poured into the top fill tank.
- The tank drains into the water reservoir.
- A nebulizer vibrates at ultrasonic frequency, breaking the water into fine mist.
- Cool, visible mist is propelled up a vertical chamber by a fan and released into the air.
Benefits of keeping indoor humidity between 40-60%
- Helps relieve of dry air discomforts.
- Helps Relieve of congestion and cough.
- Helps keep plants healthier.
- Helps keep throat and nasal passages hydrated.
- Helps reduce static electricity.
- Helps protect furniture.
Tips for using a humidifier
- Prevent calcium deposits into the air and from building up inside the humidifier by using distilled water.
- Purchase demineralization cartridge to filter natural minerals from water.
- Ensure no mold growth by properly cleaning and storing your humidifier.
This is definitely the best humidifier I own and I’ve been purchasing humidifiers from Honeywell for years now! I love this brand and I trust it! This humidifier is SO QUIET! My husband would complain about our old humidifier because it was so loud and it made it difficult for him to sleep at night. My favorite feature about this humidifier is the fact that it doesn’t have a filter! I hated soaking, cleaning, and replacing the filters! My other favorite feature about this is the automatic shut off when the water runs out. I’m so glad they came up with this because I’ve left my humidifier on, wasting energy, without knowing it was empty! I also love the large window to show the water fill line clearly so I know when it’s getting low. I’ve been using this humidifier for about a month now and love it! The first time I used it, I used regular tap water and did experience the white dust deposit of calcium surrounding my humidifier. This was easily fixed by using distilled water. The calcium white dust deposit easily wipes off so it’s not a big deal.
Disclaimer: I received this product from Influenster and Honeywell in exchange for my honest opinion. All thoughts are my own.