Use Decorative Ribbon on your Christmas Tree Like a Pro
This year we are hosting the Christmas gathering and I wanted to have a beautiful Christmas tree with the ribbon wrap cascading down. Except each year I seem to fail at capturing the beautiful ribbon effect on our Christmas tree. In the past, I’ve tried to tie the ribbon directly onto my Christmas tree like the pros, but each time the ribbon unravels, losing its’ winding flare. This year is different though and I’ll show you exactly how to use decorative ribbon on your Christmas tree like a pro!
What You’ll Need
- Floral wire (bought at Walmart for $1.97 for 250ft.)
- Decorative mesh ribbon about 12in. wide (bought at Walmart 2-pack Christmas Mesh Red 36ft. for $7.98)
- 6-8 Poinsettia clips
- First, cut several 3-4inch strand pieces of floral wire (about 24 pieces).
- Every 1.5ft, gather the decorative ribbon and tie tightly with a single floral wire strand piece.
- Attach each tie to your Christmas tree starting from the top and winding downward to the base.
- Alternate tying each floral wire piece close to the trunk of the branch and at the tip of the branch to add depth.
- No need for perfection in spacing, 36ft was enough for our 9ft Christmas tree.
There are so many uses for decorative ribbon mesh on your Christmas Tree with different ways to style it. You can make a decorative ribbon bow tree topper that flows all the way down the Christmas tree for some added flare! This doesn’t take long to achieve but most importantly, get creative and have fun!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this tutorial! Check out our other DIY Christmas decoration ideas! Leave me a comment and tell me what you think!
Like more posts like this? Sign up for our newsletter in the sidebar!
Thanks for visiting and don’t forget to SHARE with your friends! Follow us on social media and get the latest posts from Mommy Engineering!