Diaper cakes make wonderful baby shower gifts and they are quite easy to make! Purchasing one can be expensive so save some money and make your own diaper cake with this simply easy tutorial on this pink diaper cake!
Next weekend I will be hosting my friend’s baby shower so I decided to make the diaper cake myself since they are pretty expensive but relatively easy to make! Last week I wrote about 25 of the best baby shower gifts under $25 but I believe diaper cakes make such wonderful gifts since you can customize it and add multiple little necessities with the obviously needed diapers!
Simply Easy DIY Pink Diaper Cake Tutorial
Things you will need:
- 1 large frying pan
- 1 medium frying pan
- 1 package (approx. 36-count) size 1 diapers
- 1 package (approx. 36-count) size newborn diapers
- 10-12 Baby washcloths
- Roll of yarn, curling ribbon, or string
- 1 pair of cute baby booties
- 2 1-inch decorative ribbons (different from each other)
- 1 10 oz. baby bottle
- 2 small safety pins
- 10-15 baby girl hair clips
- Gather all your materials. In my picture I used a large serving bowl instead of a frying pan and actually would’ve preferred a frying pan since the sides would not be as tall and would come right up to the middle of the diaper; a perfect place to tie the diapers together easier.
- Using the large frying pan, begin lining the sides of pan with size 1 diapers. Work your way around the frying pan filling it from the outside-in.
- Using string, yard, or curling ribbon; tightly double wrap the diapers together as best as you can.
- Place a 10 oz. upright baby bottle in the center of this diaper layer. This will serve as an anchor to your next diaper layer.
- Next, using the medium frying pan and newborn size diapers, repeat steps 2-3.
- Place this diaper layer on top of the larger layer and use the baby bottle to connect both layers.
- Using 10-12 baby washcloths, roll each washcloth up and tie them together like a flower bouquet and set on top of the medium diaper layer. You will fasten this layer to the medium layer using decorative baby hair clips later.
- Using two safety pins, fasten the baby booties on top of the baby washcloths layer.
- Using one of the decorative ribbons, wrap the bottom and middle layer so that it covers the string holding the diapers together.
- Using the other decorative ribbon, repeat step 9 on the top layer.
- Using baby hair clips, attach the top layer to the middle layer and allow the hair clips to cascade down the diaper layers elegantly.
I just love how beautiful this pink diaper cake turned out! It only took me 30 minutes to make it too!
Have you made a diaper cake before?
I’d love to hear what you think of this pink diaper cake!
Please leave me a comment below and don’t forget to share!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $24.27Was: $29.08
Price: $7.98Was: $12.99
Price: $11.99Was: $29.99
Like posts like these?
Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss another one again!
Find out more about our newsletter here!
Connect with us on social media!
Want to work together?
We are a PR-Friendly blog! We accept guest and sponsored posts!
Find out more here!